Vent-Mastic is a single-component, butyl-based sealant and filler.
Summary of properties
- Excellent adhesion to most construction materials.
- Good resistance to weathering.
- Good workability.
- Can be painted after 24 hours.
Vent-Mastic is suitable for use in:
- sheet metal joints;
- ventilation duct and other joints;
- perimeter sealing of doors and windows;
- gaps and cracks in bricks, wood, etc.
Vent-Mastic is not recommended for use in areas at risk of high movement and mechanical loading.
- 310 ml cartridge (12 per carton)
Properties (typical values)
- Specific gravity (+25 °C): 1.70
- Service temperature range: -20 °C to +80 °C
- Movement capability: ± 7%
- Skinning time: 24 hours
- Joint dimensions: min 5 mm, max 20 mm
- Depth to width ratio: recommended: joint depth = joint width