Spectrem 2 is a high-performance silicone sealant for SG projects. The silicone can withstand high loads and weathering, while ensuring an insulated and weather-proof building.
- Excellent adhesion to most construction materials.
- No need for priming.
- Dries quickly.
- Expected lifetime: over 30 years.
- Excellent resistance to UV radiation, moisture, large temperature fluctuations, wind loads, acid rain, and other weather effects.
- Wide service temperature range: -54 °C to +177 °C.
- Meets the requirements of the following standards:
– ASTM C920 Type S, Grade NS, Class 25;
– TT-S-001543A (COM-NBS) Class A;
– TT-S-00230C (COM-NBS) Class A;
Spectrem 2 is intended for use in 2- and 4-sided structural glazing systems for fixing/bonding glass elements to structures, as well as sealing joints between elements.
In SG projects, Spectrem is not recommended for use:
- in contact with untreated metal surfaces;
- in low-humidity environments – significantly slows down the curing process.
- Other colours on request
- 300 ml cartridge (30 per carton)
- 600 ml sausage (15 per carton)
Properties (typical values)
- Pot life (surface film formation time): 8–20 min (dependent on temperature and humidity)
- Skinning time (ASTM C679): 35–45 min
- Full cure time (+23 °C, 50% RH): 7–14 days (6 mm joint)
- Hardness (Shore A, ASTM C661): 37–40
- Tensile strength (ASTM D412): 1.52–1.59 MPa (220–230 psi)
- Elongation at break (ASTM D412): 235–260%
- Secant modulus at 100% elongation (ASTM C1135): 0.62–0.69 MPa (90–100 psi)
- Tear strength (ASTM D624): 6.2–7.0 kN/m (35–40 pli)
- Adhesion (peel, ASTM C794): 2.8–3.9 kN/m (16–22 pli) (aluminium, glass)
- Service temperature range: -54 °C to +177 °C