Windows are categorised based on openability as follows:
- Non-openable window
- Only the frame section is glazed.
- Used in rooms where the windows can be washed from outside and ventilation is provided by other means.
- Non-openable sash window
- Window with a glazed sash section.
- No fittings.
- Turn (side-hung) window
- Window that opens at the left or right side.
- Tilt window
- Window that opens at the top.
- Tilt & turn window
- Changing the position of the handle enables the window to be opened at the side or at the top. Depending on the dimensions, tilt & turn windows can be provided with micro-ventilation.
- Window with combined openability or partially openable/non-openable window.
Windows can also be fitted with window stops – contact one of our sales offices for details (see more here).
We use two fitting systems:
- SCHÜCO VarioTec fibre-metal fittings from Germany;
- MACO Multi-Matic metal fittings from Austria.